1. Omitting unessentials, the descriptions of various little known
Rhipicephalids and their geographical distribution have been republished.
2. The descriptions of R. distinctus, R. masseyi, R. theileri, R. tricuspis, R. simpsoni, R. supertritus are brought up to date.
The nymphs of R. masseyi, R. tricuspis, R. distinctus and the larva of
R. tricuspis are described for the first time.
3. R. falcatus and R. tricuspis are shown to be valid species.
4. R. attenuatus is sunk as synonymous with R. masseyi; R. cuneatus
as R. ziemanni; R . lunulatus and R. glyphis as R. tricuspis; R. schwetzi as R. dux
5. Donitz' supposition that the occurrence for R. follis is "domestic stock, South Africa", is confirmed with reservations.
6. A list of the commoner African Rhipicephalids, whose descriptions
are not included in this article, is given.
The articles have been scanned in colour with a HP Scanjet 5590; 300dpi.
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro was used to OCR the text and also for the merging and conversion to the final presentation PDF-format.