1. A new genus and species of a protozoan parasite from the duiker
(S. grimmia) is described. The name Cytauxzoon sylvicaprae is proposed
for it and it is provisionally classed as a member of the family Theileridae,
du Toit, 1918.
2. The symptomatology and the pathological changes of the disease
produced by this parasite are detailed.
3. The attempt to transmit the disease to sheep was not successful.
4. The mode of transmission is unknown.
5. The importance of studying this and similar diseases in our wild
animals is stressed, since valuable information may be brought to light on
the life histories and the role played by such parasites in our stock diseases.
The articles have been scanned in colour with a HP Scanjet 5590; 300dpi.
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro was used to OCR the text and also for the merging and conversion to the final presentation PDF-format.