Browsing 3D Models by Issue Date

Browsing 3D Models by Issue Date

Sort by: Order: Results:

  • Van Heerden, M.; Van Coppenhagen, Louw; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2005-01-02)
    The Sci-Enza Discovery Centre forms part of the Technical Services Building. The original Department of Technical Services was housed in the southern wing of the Old Chemistry building. When this wing had to be demolished ...
  • De Beer, E.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2006-04-10)
    Originally known as the Administration building, this building reflects distinct elements of classical-style architecture. Designed by Gordon Leith, assistant of Sir Herbert Baker and an avid proponent of Classical and ...
  • Swanepoel, M.; Oosthuizen, Willie; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2007-01-01)
    These modern-looking, sandstone-based buildings, known as FABI 1 and FABI 2, are similar in style and home to a postgraduate course that combines Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Zoology, ...
  • Venter, G.; Holm, Albrecht; Läuferts, Monika (2007-01-01)
    This beautifully decorated late-Victorian house at the main entrance to the University of Pretoria has a fascinating history. The original building was constructed in Skinner Street in 1895 and belonged to Leo Weinthal, ...
  • Holmes, T.; Bernhard, Gerald; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2007-01-08)
    Bought from the Catholic Church in 1980, the complex which is now known as Tukkiewerf comprises three buildings – a chapel and monastery built in 1925 and a monastery hall designed by Gerald Bernhard and built in 1946. The ...
  • Clark, L.E.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Originally the St Anthony dormitory of Christian Brothers’ College, the building was acquired by the University in 1969 and earmarked for use by the SRC. The building was renovated and inaugurated in February 1972. Named ...
  • Maritz, C.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Since its inception in 1929, the Department of Architecture and Building Sciences moved from one building to another until 1960 when it found a permanent home in this building designed by its own staff members. Expansion ...
  • Venter, G.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The Carl and Emily Fuchs Institute for Microelectronics (CEFIM) celebrated its 25th anniversary on 22 June 2007. CJ Fuchs (Pty) Ltd was established “from a derelict stable, with a wife, a dog and no money” (Carl’s own ...
  • Du Rand, M.A.; Eagle, Percy; Steynberg, Coert, 1905-1982; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The beautiful sandstone building with its clock tower, Oregon pine floors and slate staircases was the first building to be completed on the campus of what was then the Transvaal University College (TUC). The foundation ...
  • Du Rand, M.A.; Eagle, Percy; Steynberg, Coert, 1905-1982; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The beautiful sandstone building with its clock tower, Oregon pine floors and slate staircases was the first building to be completed on the campus of what was then the Transvaal University College (TUC). The foundation ...
  • Olckers, H.; Burg, Lodge and Burg (Firm); Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This building is similar in appearance to older buildings on the campus, but the internal composition and architecture are quite modern. Some call the style of the building Academic Revivalism. The firm of architects Burg, ...
  • Van Wyk, P.L. (Petrus Lodewickus); Sandrock, Brian; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Built as a designated complex to provide facilities for the Department of Music which was established in 1958, this structure consists of office wings, an auditorium and an open-air amphitheatre. UP alumnus and architect ...
  • Van Wyk, P.L. (Petrus Lodewickus); Sandrock, Brian; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Built as a designated complex to provide facilities for the Department of Music which was established in 1958, this structure consists of office wings, an auditorium and an open-air amphitheatre. UP alumnus and architect ...
  • Maritz, C.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Since its inception in 1929, the Department of Architecture and Building Sciences moved from one building to another until 1960 when it found a permanent home in this building designed by its own staff members. Expansion ...
  • Maritz, C.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Since its inception in 1929, the Department of Architecture and Building Sciences moved from one building to another until 1960 when it found a permanent home in this building designed by its own staff members. Expansion ...
  • Van der Hoven, C.; Bernhard, Gerald; Theron, Léo; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Bought from the Catholic Church in 1980, the complex which is now known as Tukkiewerf comprises three buildings – a chapel and monastery built in 1925 and a monastery hall designed by Gerald Bernhard and built in 1946. The ...
  • Venter, G.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The Carl and Emily Fuchs Institute for Microelectronics (CEFIM) celebrated its 25th anniversary on 22 June 2007. CJ Fuchs (Pty) Ltd was established “from a derelict stable, with a wife, a dog and no money” (Carl’s own ...
  • Greyling, E.; Pauw, Samuel; Läuferts, Monika (2008)
    This building forms part of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences Building. The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences was granted its own building in the late 1980s. Designed to link the older buildings to ...
  • Furstenburg, I.; Louw, Marais, Marquard & Kuhn; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Initially known as the Education Law Building, this building was designed by the architectural firm Louw, Marais, Marquard and Kuhn and inaugurated in 1981 for use by both the Faculties of Law and Education. Since then ...
  • Hart, G.; Oosthuizen, Willie; VDO Architects; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This building is similar in design to the Economics and Management Sciences building and features elements of Post-Romanesque style, as reflected by its domed entrance and arches. The walls are a mixture of polystyrene and ...