Browsing 3D Models by Issue Date

Browsing 3D Models by Issue Date

Sort by: Order: Results:

  • Hart, G.; Oosthuizen, Willie; VDO Architects; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This building is similar in design to the Economics and Management Sciences building and features elements of Post-Romanesque style, as reflected by its domed entrance and arches. The walls are a mixture of polystyrene and ...
  • Hollenbach, R.W.; Oosthuizen, Willie; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    These modern-looking, sandstone-based buildings, known as FABI 1 and FABI 2, are similar in style and home to a postgraduate course that combines Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Zoology, ...
  • Hollenbach, R.W.; Oosthuizen, Willie; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    These modern-looking, sandstone-based buildings, known as FABI 1 and FABI 2, are similar in style and home to a postgraduate course that combines Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Zoology, ...
  • Maritz, C.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Since its inception in 1929, the Department of Architecture and Building Sciences moved from one building to another until 1960 when it found a permanent home in this building designed by its own staff members. Expansion ...
  • Pieterse, G.F.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The Margaretha Mes Institute for Plant Physiology originated with the construction of the Bateman Laboratory in 1949. The Vetman and Stoneman buildings were erected soon after and by 1954 the three buildings were unofficially ...
  • Clark, L.E.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Originally the St Anthony dormitory of Christian Brothers’ College, the building was acquired by the University in 1969 and earmarked for use by the SRC. The building was renovated and inaugurated in February 1972. Named ...
  • Oosthuizen, C.F.; Moerdijk, Gerard; Läuferts, Monika (2008)
    In 1933 it was decided by the University to construct a separate building for the library which was then still located in the Old Arts building. With a contribution of £10 000 from mining geologist Dr Hans Merensky, ...
  • Oosthuizen, C.F.; Moerdijk, Gerard; Läuferts, Monika (2008)
    In 1933 it was decided by the University to construct a separate building for the library which was then still located in the Old Arts building. With a contribution of £10 000 from mining geologist Dr Hans Merensky, ...
  • Venter, G.; Holm, Albrecht; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This beautifully decorated late-Victorian house at the main entrance to the University of Pretoria has a fascinating history. The original building was constructed in Skinner Street in 1895 and belonged to Leo Weinthal, ...
  • Venter, G.; Holm, Albrecht; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This beautifully decorated late-Victorian house at the main entrance to the University of Pretoria has a fascinating history. The original building was constructed in Skinner Street in 1895 and belonged to Leo Weinthal, ...
  • Pieterse, G.F.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The Margaretha Mes Institute for Plant Physiology originated with the construction of the Bateman Laboratory in 1949. The Vetman and Stoneman buildings were erected soon after and by 1954 the three buildings were unofficially ...
  • Oosthuizen, C.F.; Moerdyk, Gerard; Läuferts, Monika (2008)
    In 1933 it was decided by the University to construct a separate building for the library which was then still located in the Old Arts building. With a contribution of £10 000 from mining geologist Dr Hans Merensky, ...
  • De Beer, E.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Originally known as the Administration building, this building reflects distinct elements of classical-style architecture. Designed by Gordon Leith, assistant of Sir Herbert Baker and an avid proponent of Classical and ...
  • Swiegers, Estee; Dey, J.B.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Designed by J B Dey of the Department of Public Works in 1917, this impressive building was only completed in 1921 after the end of the First World War and was officially opened by General Jan Smuts. Initially home to the ...
  • Swiegers, Estee; Dey, J.B.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    Designed by J B Dey of the Department of Public Works in 1917, this impressive building was only completed in 1921 after the end of the First World War and was officially opened by General Jan Smuts. Initially home to the ...
  • Olckers, H.; Burg, Lodge and Burg (Firm); Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This building is similar in appearance to older buildings on the campus, but the internal composition and architecture are quite modern. Some call the style of the building Academic Revivalism. The firm of architects Burg, ...
  • Oosthuizen, C.F.; Moerdijk, Gerard; Läuferts, Monika (2008)
    In 1933 it was decided by the University to construct a separate building for the library which was then still located in the Old Arts building. With a contribution of £10 000 from mining geologist Dr Hans Merensky, ...
  • Swanepoel, M.; Oosthuizen, Willie; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    These modern-looking, sandstone-based buildings, known as FABI 1 and FABI 2, are similar in style and home to a postgraduate course that combines Biochemistry, Botany, Genetics, Microbiology, Plant Pathology, Zoology, ...
  • Olivier, D.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    This building is similar to the adjacent Engineering I Building and is also built in the Brazilian style. Completed in 1958, the building was extended in 1982 to include working space for the Department of Mechanical ...
  • Venter, G.; Läuferts, Monika (Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria, 2008)
    The Carl and Emily Fuchs Institute for Microelectronics (CEFIM) celebrated its 25th anniversary on 22 June 2007. CJ Fuchs (Pty) Ltd was established “from a derelict stable, with a wife, a dog and no money” (Carl’s own ...