The University of Pretoria’s Faculty of Veterinary Science recently celebrated a century of veterinary education in South Africa. Established by Professor Sir Arnold Theiler, a Swiss veterinarian in 1920, the first intake numbered eight students. Today it has 1 200 undergraduate and 300 postgraduate students. The Faculty’s training covers all aspects of veterinary medicine, from primary animal health to advanced veterinary care. This training is boosted by work in a community clinic located in a world-class academic hospital using advanced diagnostic techniques.
Originally published as HTML file, converted to PDF with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Version 9.0.0.
News articles with colour photos about what's happening at the Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria.