This stately building, completed in 1915, was the first residence to be built on the Hatfield campus. Designed by the Department of Public Works, it presents elements of the Neo-Romanesque style as seen in its classically inspired white columns and strong horizontal axis. Known as the Kollegetehuis (College House), it primarily served as a men’s residence but also provided services (mainly dining facilities) to female and other day students. When the students moved to a new residence on the Experimental Farm, the building was occupied by the Department of Speech Therapy. Since 1973 the Departments of Student Affairs, Student Disability Services and Student Counselling have been housed here.
SketchUp 3D model. Use Sketchup to access model. Download Sketchup from http://sketchup.google.com/download/.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2008.