Building Sciences Building (photos 1)

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisor Pienaar, Leon
dc.contributor.author Van Aswegen, Henning
dc.contributor.editor Läuferts, Monika
dc.date.accessioned 2008-09-16T07:19:18Z
dc.date.available 2008-09-16T07:19:18Z
dc.date.issued 2008-09-09
dc.description Coloured digital photos created using Luminix digital camera, size 2048 * 1360 pixels, 2 photos, 1396 kilobytes, created by Henning van Aswegen. en
dc.description.abstract Since its inception in 1929, the Department of Architecture and Building Sciences moved from one building to another until 1960 when it found a permanent home in this building designed by its own staff members. Expansion of the building in 1973 meant that the department could increase its student numbers. The building is modern in character with elements of Neo-Brutalism. Large windows on the southern side allow for natural light in the studios. en
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2263/7135
dc.publisher Department of Architecture, University of Pretoria en
dc.rights University of Pretoria en
dc.subject Boukunde en
dc.subject Neo-Brutalism Architecture en
dc.subject.lcsh University of Pretoria -- Buildings
dc.subject.lcsh University of Pretoria -- History
dc.subject.lcsh Architecture -- South Africa -- Pretoria
dc.title Building Sciences Building (photos 1) en
dc.type Image en


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record