The Sci-Enza Discovery Centre forms part of the Technical Services Building. The original Department of Technical Services was housed in the southern wing of the Old Chemistry building. When this wing had to be demolished to make room for the expansion of the Merensky library, it was decided to construct a new, modern home for the Department on the corner of Burnett and Roper Streets. Designed by Louw van Coppenhagen, the contract was awarded in 1972 and the building was officially opened in 1975. It provided offices and workrooms for the Technical, Security and Audiovisual Services. In 2000 part of the building was refurbished to house the Damelin Computer School, the Laboratory for Advanced Engineering and the Technical Institute, as well as the Science and Technology Centre now called Sci-Enza, a popular interactive educational facility. The Departments of Facilities Management and Technical Services are also housed here. The building is designed in a Neo-Brutalist style, similar to other buildings on campus.
Coloured digital photos created by using a Luminix digital camera, size: 2048 * 1360 pixels, 4 photos, 2173 kilobytes.