This simple Renaissance-style building is similar in design to the Old Chemistry building. In 1920 the College Council obtained £40 000 from the government to build a second Mathematics and Science building. However the building never materialised and funding had to be sourced again. When the College Council approached the government a second time, money was scarce and was only made available when the building neared completion in 1924. Through the years, several extensions were added, but the architects Gerard Moerdijk and H Watson made sure they conformed to the original style. The last extension in 1957 to the west of the building later became a separate building and is currently the Geography building. The original building now houses the Department of Zoology and Entomology.
Artlantis model. Use Artlantis to access model. Download Artlantis from http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=download/demo/index.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2008.