This simple Renaissance-style building is similar in design to the Old Chemistry building. In 1920 the College Council obtained £40 000 from the government to build a second Mathematics and Science building. However the building never materialised and funding had to be sourced again. When the College Council approached the government a second time, money was scarce and was only made available when the building neared completion in 1924. Through the years, several extensions were added, but the architects Gerard Moerdijk and H Watson made sure they conformed to the original style. The last extension in 1957 to the west of the building later became a separate building and is currently the Geography building. The original building now houses the Department of Zoology and Entomology.
SketchUp 3D model. Use Sketchup to access model. Download Sketchup from http://sketchup.google.com/download/.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2008.