Originally built as an extension to the present Zoology building, this building was built in a distinctly different style, more reminiscent of the adjacent Chemistry building. Designed by architect Brian Sandrock, an alumnus of UP, construction started in 1956 and the building was completed in July 1957. Built of face brick in a modern style, described by some as reminiscent of Dutch Brick Modernism, the Geography building, together with the Agriculture, Communication Pathology, Chemistry and Botany buildings are excellent examples of Pretoria Brick Architecture. The building is currently occupied by the Department of Geography.
5 coloured digital photos. Camera model: DSC-W5.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2008.