A German immigrant, W H Fleischman, was commissioned by the Department of Public Works in the 1930s to design a building to house the Weather Bureau. In 1963 Government donated the building to the University and in 1965 it became the home of the Department of Communication Pathology. The building also houses the Centre for Augmentative and Alternative Communication. The design of the building reflects a strong international influence and elements of the German Bauhaus style.
Created with Artlantis. JPEG image, Dimensions: 2048 x 1536, Size: 1.39MB
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2008.