Through the use of maps, pictures and text the following aspects about the Hernquist Library and its products and services will be highlighted:
• The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU)
• The history of veterinary education in Sweden
• Activities at the Skara Campus
o Including Research conducted and Study programmes
• The history of the Library: From Hernquist's collection of books, through the Skara Veterinary Library, to the Hernquist Library.
• Stakeholders today
o including researchers, Ph.D. students, undergraduate students
- continuous education, including international education projects
• Nationwide loan requests
• Changing requirements
• From loans to "capturing, harnessing and disseminating" information and knowledge.
• Some examples of information services provided will be shown
• including domestic animals and wildlife topics
• Resources available will be listed:
o SLU library resources.
o The national research information portal.
• Through this poster an Invitation to visit Skara, SLU and the Hernquist Library will be issued
Poster presented at the 5th International Conference of Animal Health Information Specialists, 4-7 July 2005, Onderstepoort, South Africa