The supplementary effect of methionine on lucerne, lysine on
oats seed, cystine and methionine on peanutmeal, cystine on linseedmeal as well as the supplementary relationship between yellow maize and lucerne and of yellow maize and soyabeans have been determined by means of their biological values. From the results obtained it is concluded:
1. That 0.2 per cent. dl-methionine increased the nitrogen
utilization of the lucerne proteins by 30±1.64 per cent.
2. Cystine has no supplementary effect on peanutmeal, while
methionine improves the protein to a slight extent.
3. Cystine supplementation increases the nitrogen utilization
of linseedmeal by 8±2.04 per cent.
4. Lysine supplementation has no significant effect on the
proteins of whole oats seed.
5. The proteins of whole yellow maize and lucerne and of
whole maize and soyabeans supplement each other in a
marked and significant manner.
The articles have been scanned in colour with a HP Scanjet 5590; 300dpi.
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro was used to OCR the text and also for the merging and conversion to the final presentation PDF-format.