This painting was exhibited at Bettie Cilliers-Barnard’s first exhibition in the
Macfadyen Hall from 19 October to 2 November 1946 (No 19 in the catalogue)
and it was donated to the University of Pretoria after the exhibition. The still-life
painting is characterized by a decorative use of line, a sparing use of paint and
emphasis on the portrayal of textures.