(1) Details are presented of an experiment on the effects of sulphur and of compounds containing sulphur on the food consumption, weight increase, wool yield and disease of young wethers kept on a production ration for two years.
(2) The sheep were fed in individual feeding boxes except for the hay which was given ad lib.
(3) The supplements given were dosed daily except Sundays and were given as follows:-Group I: No supplement.
Group II: Cystine.
Group III: Sulphates.
Group IV: KCNS.
Group V: 5 gm. sulphur.
Group VI: •12 gm. sulphur.
(4) No significant effects of the supplements on the sheep could be detected after 12 months' supplementary feeding nor did the experimental groups differ significantly from the control group at the end of the experimental period.
(5) The supplement of cystine had no effect on the quantity of wool produced.
(6) The mortality and disease due to the presence of urinary calculi were apparently not associated with the supplements.
(7) The analyses of the wool will be reported on in due course.
The articles have been scanned in colour with a HP Scanjet 5590; 600dpi.
Adobe Acrobat XI Pro was used to OCR the text and also for the merging and conversion to the final presentation PDF-format.