Interior and exterior views of the Gresham Buildings. Designed by Frank Gordon McIntosh, the Gresham Buildings was erected in 1924 in Thomas Sehume (then Andries) Street where the current Saambou building stands today. The Hamilton Family sold the Gresham Building to Saambou on 31 December 1951 for 160 000 pounds. In 1956 another floor was added to the existing two floors. The period styling is Art Nouveau - Art Deco cross-over with glazed decorative wall tiling and vitreous floor tiles, wrought iron balusters and balustrading and the building boasted an early elevator. The facade is also of interest having an amalgam of neo-classical (classicist) elements in a distinctly eclectic composition.