The site of the stadium was first used for sports in 1906, and the field was simply called the Eastern Sports Ground. The first concrete structure was erected by the City Council in 1923 and named in 1932 after Robert Owen Loftus Versfeld, the founder of organized sports in Pretoria.
4 coloured digital photos created using CANON EOS 350D Digital camera model.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2009.