Built as a dormitory for the staff of Christian Brothers’ College (CBC) in 1928, this attractive column-fronted building was constructed by Cowin, Powers and Ellis of the firm Clark & Downie (Pty) Ltd. The University purchased the building in 1968 and by 1969 it housed various departments including Archaeology, African Languages and Anthropology. In 1982 the building became the home of the Drama Department. Built in a U shape, it shows elements of the Neo-Romanesque style. The photo shows the north facade of the eastern wing of the building.
5 coloured digital photos of the Drama Building, University of Pretoria.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2009.