Nerina Residence (virtual model)

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisor Pienaar, Leon
dc.contributor.author Pollastrini, Lara
dc.contributor.editor Van Aswegen, Henning
dc.date.accessioned 2009-11-25T06:41:36Z
dc.date.available 2009-11-25T06:41:36Z
dc.date.created 2009-05
dc.date.issued 2009-11-25T06:41:36Z
dc.description Virtual model day view. en_US
dc.description Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2009. en_US
dc.description.abstract Built in 1921, this building initially belonged to the Loreto Convent School which was officially opened in 1924. In the 1940s the building was upgraded to a double-storey structure and a right wing was added. The University purchased Brostowe Hall, as it was called, in 1974 and acquired the rest of the convent in 1977. The complex was converted into a women’s residence and in 1992 renamed Nerina. The building is a rare example of the Art Nouveau style, featuring decorative motifs such as curved lines and floral or geometric patterns. A new extension to the residence was opened in May 2008. en_US
dc.description.uri http://web.up.ac.za/res.asp?ipkCategoryID=3941&sub=0&parentid=20&subid=113&ipklookid=1 en_US
dc.format.extent Virtual model created using Artlantis/SketchUP software, 2048 X 1536, 2.10 MB en_US
dc.format.medium JPEG en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2263/12025
dc.rights University of Pretoria en_US
dc.subject Hatfield campus en_US
dc.subject Art Nouveau architecture en_US
dc.subject Brostowe Hall en_US
dc.subject Ladies residence en_US
dc.subject.lcsh University of Pretoria -- Buildings
dc.subject.lcsh University of Pretoria -- History
dc.subject.lcsh Architecture -- South Africa -- Pretoria
dc.subject.lcsh Architectural models
dc.title Nerina Residence (virtual model) en_US
dc.type Image en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record