Built in 1921, this building initially belonged to the Loreto Convent School which was officially opened in 1924. In the 1940s the building was upgraded to a double-storey structure and a right wing was added. The University purchased Brostowe Hall, as it was called, in 1974 and acquired the rest of the convent in 1977.The complex was converted into a women’s residence and in 1992 renamed Nerina. The building is a rare example of the Art Nouveau style, featuring decorative motifs such as curved lines and floral or geometric patterns. A new extension to the residence was opened in May 2008.
Virtual model, night view, created using Artlantis/SketchUp software.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2009.