Built as a dormitory for the staff of Christian Brothers’ College (CBC) in 1928, this attractive column-fronted building was constructed by Cowin, Powers and Ellis from the firm Clark & Downie (Pty) Ltd. The University purchased the building in 1968 and by 1969 it housed various departments including Archaeology, African Languages and Anthropology. In 1982 the building became the home of the Drama Department. Built in a U shape, it shows elements of the Neo-Romanesque style. Drama students often rehearse plays and performances in the open courtyard.
3D virtual model, night view, created by using Artlantis software.
Created by 3rd year B.Sc.(Arch) student, University of Pretoria, 2009.