This building forms part of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences Building. The Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences was granted its own building in the late 1980s. Designed to link the older buildings to the north with the more modern buildings to the south, the long narrow building shows elements of various styles. These include Post-Romanesque Revival, aspects of the Old Arts Building such as the clock tower and the arches and even the Pretoria brick tradition. Samuel Pauw, an alumnus of UP, was the architect responsible for the design. Construction of the building was done in three phases – the first two were completed in August 1989 and the last phase in July 1990. The main building was opened by President F W de Klerk in March 1991. The building incorporates the Sanlam Auditorium which is used as a conference venue and houses the SRC chambers.
Coloured digital photos created by using a Luminix digital camera, size: 2048 * 1360 pixels, 1342 kilobytes.